Training WRITING EXPERIENCE
LifeSize / Logitech - Training Video Program Manager (2011-2013)
I developed and ran the Training Video program at LifeSize (a division of Logitech) for 2.5 years, which included everything from curriculum development to script writing, from filming to editing. I created video-based training programs for 3 main audiences: End Users, Internal Support/Sales, and Partners' Networks Administrators. I maintained close contact with my co-workers across the company (Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Support, Engineering) to ensure that our training was up-to-date and responsive to the learning needs of our varied audiences.
- I helped develop the curriculum for all courses. I then researched and wrote scripts, scheduled and filmed footage, edited the video, and then coordinated the review process. Then finally, I uploaded and maintained the videos on our LMS (Cornerstone for Salesforce).
- Established an in-house process to quickly dub videos in a myriad of languages using Adobe Premiere.
- Organized a quarterly, cross-departmental review of our existing training videos. Figured out how to set up easy process inside of LMS.
- Initiated and coordinated moving Training Department to Google Drive/Calendar for shared collaboration. Became integral to team functioning.
LifeSize/Logitech Training Program Manager - Writing Samples
- Technical Training Curriculum
- Technical Training Scripts
- Customer Training Scripts
- Process Diagram: How I developed Training Content at LifeSize
Technical training - Curriculum & video scripts
Target Audience: LifeSize Sales Engineers & LifeSize Partner's Network Administrators.
View my original Technical Training Curriculum document on Google Drive.
customer TRAINING - Curriculum & Video Scripts
Bryan Seely's Ethical Hacking Course (Udemy.com)
Bryan Seely is a famous hacker, best known for the time he used Google Maps to hack the Secret Service. He wanted to create an Ethical Hacker course to sell on Udemy.com. He provided me with the curriculum and a bunch of sources on hacking (Chapters from books, PDFs, links).
- I read Bryan's provided sources, researched key concepts more, and wrote the voice over scripts for the entire course. It was important to Bryan that his sense of humor was incorporated too, so I interwove lots of little jokes which he loved.
- I provided guidance on course development / direction based on my experience developing Training courses.
- I audio edited Bryan's voice over using Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition.
- I listed the key words to animate in the videos (Bryan used an After Effects plug-in to animate words over his voiceover.)
Quotingly Training Video Scripts
I wrote a lot of content for digital agency Sitegoals' quoting software, Quotingly -- website copy, blogs, and video scripts. Additionally, I created this series of training videos that walks step-by-step through setting up a brand new Quotingly user.
Wrote scripts by using the Quotingly product and based on the provided branding/messaging.
Recorded all the UI using Camtasia. Edited using Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
Recorded Voiceover (intended to be replaced, but Sitegoals was satisfied with my recording for this series.)