The Home Depot/BlackLocus - Technical Writer & Video Producer (2016 - Present)
I write user documentation for BlackLocus, the innovation lab for The Home Depot. BlackLocus develops an internal pricing tool for The Home Depot. I convert Github tickets and chats with Product Management into comprehendible user documentation and on-boarding videos. I also write documentation for internal processes for the BlackLocus Support team. Originally based in Austin & now continuing to work remote (part-time) in Seattle.
- Write/Maintain the user guide in Atlassian Confluence for internal Home Depot pricing tool.
- In Spring 2017, moving the entire wiki to internal THD Confluence to better integrate with Home Depot's internal processes.
- Collaborate daily with SMEs: product managers, engineers, UX designers, and support team.
- Write documentation for all internal processes for the BlackLocus Support team.
- Project management: Use JIRA ticketing system to organize.
- Incorporate my knowledge of HTML/CSS and SQL.
- Heavily use Techsmith SnagIt & Camtasia to add visual aids to documentation, including animations.
- Create high quality on-boarding videos using Adobe Premiere and After Effects. The Home Depot then recruited me to build training videos for other internal tools too!
Screenshot: BlackLocus Knowledge Exchange (BLKX) documentation for OPMT
I wrote the content for all of the pages in the Page Tree on the Left Side. Content on the Right side is the current view of page selected. I also engineered the Search of specific sections of documentation and the "Quick Links" navigation, for ease of use.
Screenshot: Another Confluence page in BLKX with screenshots.